1. Carnes D, Mars T, Mullinger B, Underwood M. Adverse events in manual therapy: a systematic review. 2009. Available at: https://ncor.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/adverse-events_in_manual_therapy_a_systematic_review_full_report.pdf
2. Leach J, Mandy A, Hankins M, Ives R, Cross V, Cage M, Lucas K. Communicating risks of treatment and informed consent in osteopathic practice: A literature review and pilot focus groups. 2011.
3. Leach J, Fiske A, Mullinger B, Ives R, Mandy A. Complaints and claims against osteopaths: a baseline study of the frequency of complaints 2004–2008 and a qualitative exploration of patients’ complaints. 2011.
4. Vogel S, Mars T, Keeping S, Barton T, Marlin N, Froud R, Eldridge S, Underwood M, Pincus T. Clinical Risk Osteopathy and Management Scientific Report: The CROaM Study. 2013. Available at http://www.osteopathy.org.uk/uploads/croam_full_report_0313.pdf
5. Epstein RM, Alper BS, Quill TE. Communicating Evidence for Participatory Decision Making. JAMA 2004:291(19);2359-2366
6. O’Connor, A. M., C. L. Bennett, et al. (2009). “Decision aids for people facing health treatment or screening decisions.” Cochrane Database Syst Rev(3): CD001431.
7. Fawkes C, Leach J, Mathias S, Moore AP. The Standardised Data Collection Project: Standardised data collection within osteopathic practice in the UK: development and first use of a tool to profile osteopathic care in 2009. Available at: https://ncor.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/standardised_data_collection_finalreport_24062010.pdf
8. Daniels G, Vogel S. Consent in osteopathy: A cross sectional survey of patients’ information and process preferences. International Journal of Osteopathic Medicine. 2012;15:92-102
9. Licciardone, J., S. Stoll, et al. (2003). “Osteopathic manipulative treatment for chronic low back pain: A randomized controlled trial.” Spine 28(13): 1355-62.
10. UK BEAM Trial team (2004). “United Kingdom back pain exercise and manipulation (UK BEAM) randomised trial: effectiveness of physical treatments for back pain in primary care.” Bmj 329(7479): 1377.
11. Licciardone, J., A. Brimhall, et al. (2005). “Osteopathic manipulative treatment for low back pain: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomsied controlled trials.” BioMedCentral Musculoskeletal Disorders 6: 43.
12. Gross, A., J. Miller, et al. (2010). “Manipulation or mobilisation for neck pain: a Cochrane Review.” Man Ther 15(4): 315-33.
13. Leach J, Cross V, Fawkes C, Mandy A, Hankins M, Fiske A, Bottomley L, Moore A. Investigating osteopathic patients’ expectations of osteopathic care: the OPEn project Full report 2011. https://ncor.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/open_full_research_report_public.pdf
14. Leach J, Cross V, Fawkes C, Mandy A, Hankins M, Fiske A, Bottomley L, Moore A. Investigating osteopathic patients’ expectations of osteopathic care: the OPEn project summary report 2011. https://ncor.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/open_summary_report-_public1.pdf
15. Department of Health. Listening, Responding, Improving – A guide to better customer care. 2009. Available at: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130107105354/http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_095439.pdf Accessed on 12/05/2013
16. General Osteopathic Council. Osteopathic Practice Standards. 2012. Available at: http://www.osteopathy.org.uk/standards/osteopathic-practice/ Accessed on 27/01/2016